I would like to say I’ve been on hiatus finding myself, traveling the globe looking for…
You get the picture.
Truth is… I had technical difficulties with my blog. One fine day after my last post in March of 2017, my home page was a blank white nothing. I asked around the internet and consulted a few people. The best I got was maybe a virus, and ghost something or another.
After a while, trying to figure it became less of a priority. From time to time, I’d type in my URL, and you guessed it… the blank page was still there. Funny thing was if I went to the Pinterest board for my blog, the posts came up. Whatever the mysterious difficulty was, it only affected my home page, therefore blocking my login to the admin page.
This week, while recovering from eye surgery, with nothing but time on my hands, I did the unthinkable. I called my host. And within 15 minutes the lovely lady on the other end knew what was wrong, and had a solution. Within two hours of getting off the phone, my home page was visible again.
Oh, crap. Then it hit me… What am I going to say now?
I decided to catch you up on what’s been going on with me in the past year in no particular order.
What I’ve been up to…
- I recently hit a major milestone in my life, turning 50 years old. It sounds really crazy saying it out loud, and even more crazy typing it just now. Just yesterday, I was a senior in high school singing to the top of my lungs Prince’s ‘Little Red Corvette.’ It sounds cliche’ but where did the time go?!
- Just two weeks ago, I had my second cornea transplant. In May of 2016, I wrote Through The Fog of Fuch’s Dystrophy that explained my eye disease, Fuch’s Dystrophy. Yesterday, my doctor said I was “ahead of the curve,” being just two weeks post-op. I am grateful, thankful, and truly blessed!
- A little over a month ago, our sixth grandchild was born. She is an absolute doll! I love being Nunnie (grandmother) to my sugababies. I get to spoil them all, and no one can stop me.
- Soon, I will publish a brand new picture book, ‘Coon Stew, An Al-the-Gator Tale.’ I am looking forward to sharing more details with you in the near future.
- We have an empty nest! Last May, our youngest daughter graduated from high school, giving us at the time three college students. Although they all attended the university in our city, they lived on campus. And this May, one the oldest of those three graduated from college and moved to the DMV, D.C./Maryland/Virginia area.
- Since I turned 50, I decided to dedicate the year as a ‘year of giving.’ There will some things I’ll share, and other things that I won’t.
- One of the shareable projects of my year of giving is little free libraries. In February I started a Children’s Book Drive to raise books for little free libraries in my town. As of today, we have collected 600 books. I’ll have more news to share really soon.
- While moving our daughter to the DMV area, we made our way to the National Mall and the National Portrait Gallery.
Of course, there is so much more to tell about all of the above… and I can’t wait to share it with you! What have you been up to while I’ve been away?